Bell County Inspire Academy

About Bell County Inspire Academy

At the Bell County Juvenile Detention Center, we focus on creating a safe and engaging environment for all learners. We believe children should learn the academic and social skills to give them the traits necessary to increase the capacity for human greatness. While instilling the importance of trying to do your best we have created, our school rules: be safe, belong, be great, and find joy. Assisting your student with understanding the importance of these guidelines assures that BCJDC is a safe, healthy, and positive learning environment for everyone. 

Teachers, facility staff, parents/guardians, and the community working together to assure that we are helping our children learn the skills to become leaders for tomorrow. Because we understand that students learn in diverse ways we value, a variety of learning styles and teaching styles. We use data to inform instruction, intervention, and enrichment. We understand education is the key to a successful life, and all of us provide the students of BCJDC with a 21st century education through inquiry based learning. By focusing on goals and the whole person, and learning; we work together to create a life worth living. As a collaborative team, our staff devotes itself to re-engaging students to recover credit and accelerate their learning to achieve graduation goals. Remember, if you have any questions or concerns please contact us. This is going to be a great year!

Our Administration and Staff

Tamra Vance
Residential Head of Schools

Tisha Hirt

Records Request

Please formerly request records through the TREX records system. For questions about records, please contact the PEIMS coordinator at (210) 635-5021. For questions regarding special education, please contact the Special Programs department at (210) 638-5023.

Frequently Asked Questions

Are the Bell County teachers employees of the facility?

No, all teachers and instructional aides are employees of BRAINATION.  

**Some teachers and aides work part-time in the evenings and on weekends for the facility. The Bell County campus and facility are two separate entities working together to create an environment where students can be safe, receive therapy, and continue their education.

Back to Top

Is the Bell County campus an accredited school?

Yes, Bell County is an accredited school recognized by the Texas Education Agency.

Back to Top

Does the Bell County campus have a year-round school program?

Bell County offers a traditional school calendar with a possible summer enrichment or school session (depending on budget allowances).

Back to Top

What school records should parents/guardians bring with them when going through the admittance process with the facility?

Parents/guardians should bring a copy of the student’s:

  • Shot records
  • Birth certificate
  • Social security card
  • Most recent report card
  • Any special education or 504 paperwork (if applicable)
  • Parents/guardians will need to fill out the school packet during the intake process.
Back to Top

Do all students at the Bell County campus receive special education services?

No, all students at the Bell County campus do not receive special education services. We are a public charter school; therefore, we also serve students who do not require services. If you have questions regarding special education services, please do not hesitate to contact our special education office at (210) 638.5023.

Back to Top

Are all students evaluated for special education services when they enroll?

No, we do not automatically evaluate all students for special education. If you have a concern or a question regarding special education services, please contact your student’s principal.

Back to Top

If a student was in the process of a special education evaluation at their previous school, how is the process completed?

If your student was in the process of a special education referral in their previous school, please notify our special education department at (210) 638.5023.

Back to Top

What do I do if my child has a 504 plan?

Please indicate on the enrollment forms that your child has a 504 plan. If you have any questions regarding 504 services, please contact us.

Back to Top

What curriculum is used?

The Bell County campus uses a district created scope and sequence and teacher developed lesson plans that incorporate the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.

Back to Top

How will you schedule my child into classes?

Previous school records are reviewed when students enroll, and the students are placed in a comparable schedule, if available. Our campus offers the four core classes (English, math, science, and social studies), physical education, Life College elective and study skills.

Back to Top

What is the grading scale?

We use a standards-based report card for grades K-2.

The following grading scale is for grades 3 through 12:

  • A - 90-100 
  • B - 80-89 
  • C - 70-79 
  • F - 69 or below

A grade point average (GPA) for high school course work shall be calculated for all students using all courses taken that earn state credit, using an un-weighted 4.0 scale.

  • A - 4.0
  • B - 3.0 
  • C - 2.0 
  • F - 0.0
Back to Top

How will I receive information about my student’s progress at school?

We issue report cards at the end of every six weeks. We generate progress reports at three weeks. If you wish to have other progress updates, please do not hesitate to contact the teachers via email.

Back to Top

Does my child have to participate in the Texas State Assessments?

Yes, all students in grades 3 through 12 will take the Texas State Assessments if they are enrolled and present during the time of testing.

Back to Top

What steps should a parent take with the school when their child is about to discharge?

When students are about to discharge, it is important for guardians/parents to notify the registrar:

The registrar can answer questions about the withdrawal process and prepare the withdrawal form for the student.

Back to Top

Does the Bell County campus provide suggestions for future placements?

No, the Bell County campus does not provide suggestions for future placements. School staff are only familiar with their district services and do not have a representative for this purpose. Families should be consulting with the facility therapist about what would be appropriate for future placements.

Back to Top

How can the Bell County campus help with transition to a new school?

At the Bell County campus, we are willing to help make transition to the new environment as seamless as possible. We can participate in a phone conference with the new school to give an update of progress, describe our setting, or answer any questions that the new school has regarding the Bell County campus. You may contact the school principal to arrange a conference.

Back to Top

How will my child’s new school receive records from the Bell County campus?

Texas Requests

  • The Texas Records Exchange (TREx) system is a web-based software application designed for the exchange of electronic student records as mandated by the 79th Legislature, 3rd Called Session, 2006 (House Bill 1). By using the TREx application, school registrars will electronically request and receive student records for students who have attended or will be attending Texas public schools. High school registrars and counselors also can electronically create and send official student transcripts to Texas public colleges and universities using TREx.

Out of State Requests

  • Please have the registrar/school records clerk from the receiving school fax a written request for records to our campus records clerk, Caitlyn Wilson. If you have any other questions regarding records, please contact us at (254) 618.4280.
Back to Top